Monday, September 18, 2006

Ahoy there you scurvy dogs

Thanks Frank for the reminder about Talk Like a Pirate Day I'll mix my previous career as a salty sea dog (9 years in the RAN, 7 years at Sea) so it will be a day of Goffas and Maccas, I might go to the Takeaway for the closest thing to SCRAN as I can muster.

BUT...

Best of all Catie (my 3yo Daughter) and I will take a break from singing the once more with feeling sound track on the way to day care and swap it for these too gems...

Best I get ready for my Jackstay transfer from the Study to the Bedroom. So we'll blow the man up, bullies, blow the man down, Way, hay, blow the man down. Wid a crew o'hard cases from Liverpool town. Gives us some time to blow the man down.

The Maid of Amsterdam

1. In Amsterdam there dwells a maid, Mark well what I do say;

In Amsterdam there dwells a maid, And she is mistress of her trade.

Her eyes are blue, her cheeks are red, Mark well what I do say;

Her eyes are blue, her cheeks are red, A wealth of hair is on her head.

Chorus:

A-roving, a-roving, Since roving's been my ruin,

I'll go no more a-roving With you, fair maid!

2. I put my arm around her waist, Mark well what I do say;

I put my arm around her waist, Says she, "Young man, you're in some haste."

I took that girl upon my knee, Mark well what I do say,

I took that girl upon my knee, Says she, "Young man, you're rather free."

Chorus:

3. She swore that she'd be true to me, Mark well what I do say,

She swore that she'd be true to me, But spent my money both fast and free.

I'll go no more a-roving With you, fair maid,

Since roving's been my ruin, I'll go no more

Chorus:

Donkey Riding

1. Were you ever in Quebec, stowing timber on the deck?

Where there's a king with a golden crown Riding on a donkey.

Chorus: Hey ho, away we go, donkey riding, donkey riding

Hey ho, away we go, riding on a donkey.

2. Were you ever off the Horn, where it's always nice & warm?

Seen the lion & the unicorn, Riding on a donkey. Chorus

3. Were you ever in Cardiff Bay, where the folks all shout hooray?

Here comes John with his 3 months pay, Riding on a donkey. Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment