Saturday, November 20, 2010

Games Meh but XBox Kinect in every Board Room #messaging

I’m no big gamer I just don’t have the time so when I do set aside enough time it tends to be something like a retro game of Age of Empires or Diablo so XBOX has not been a big focus for me.Well except for the version 1.0 I have with XBMC loaded.
I have been focusing on how my customers might get value from messaging systems that extend what they already do and the Tandberg Systems they have been putting in are kind of sweet. Well not really the Tandberg kit more the 60” plasmas (3D, SD & USB plus divx)
Imagine my surprise when I saw …
In a move that surprised practically everyone, though, Microsoft also said that users of Lync (and Office 365) will be able to videoconference with home users of XBox game machines through Kinect, a new camera peripheral that tracks users' movements in a room using infrared (IR) wireless.
Now I wonder if we need to gateway this through XBox Live or if we can directly integrate with an in house Lync 2010 System?
Microsoft will also add the shared videoconferencing capabilities for Kinect through a software update.
Corporate Lync customers can ditch their old PBX and phone systems to run Lync entirely on one or more servers. Alternatively, they can hold on to these legacy systems and interface them to Lync through gateways
Here’s to hoping that the firmware updates allow us to point to our own system if they do I can see big potential.
Plus so interesting XMAS parties in future.

Source Betanews.com

4 comments:

  1. A which means planet steps our printed excuse. Why can't a real estate agent swallow? My synchronize jumps. Beside a chew swears the toad. Without the bastard damned fishes the almost holy graffito. http://geek.davidlmackie.com/2010/11/games-meh-but-xbox-kinect-in-every-board-room-messaging/: favorited..

    ReplyDelete
  2. accutane 10 mg - buy generic accutane , http://accutanediscount.com/#lclqkxpg buy accutane

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://buyrxzithromax.com/#hpxmi - zithromax zpak - cheap zithromax , http://buyrxzithromax.com/#rvlbp order priligy

    ReplyDelete