Friday, July 1, 2011

@PiaWaugh When I first saw you ...

I was really impressed.

Now that is not how the lyrics go but in case I was unclear I thought that your gig was pretty good not for a first in 8 years deal, pretty good unqualified.

Now I’m done with the Sycophancy let me talk about what I did last night …

1309432770273A girl I follow on twitter has been talking about doing a gig at the Pot Belly in Belconnen for a while now and since I have been listening to her stuff on Sound Cloud I was pretty keen for a look.

So wanting to make sure I’d get a seat and and not have to fight my way through the crowd I arrived nice and early and settled in with a nice refreshing Schooner of Bulmers Original Cider. Well crowds were not a big problem and that is a bit of what made it nice for me not being one for crowds.

Turns out there were about 6 people there just to see the gig and a few others who were quite boisterous were celebrating a birthday.

I’m a little sad I didn’t take my Flip because I was very impressed with the Gig Generally and Cover my Eyes and Greed in particular.

Of course the other part I enjoyed was the opportunity to chat briefly with Pia which I’d have to say is always nice albeit only twice thus far.

I noticed some folk ordered food so maybe next time we can encourage others to come break some bread and made an event of it. I will definitely be back for a listen.

I’ve embedded some of the Sound Cloud content so you can get a listen.

[soundcloud width="100%" height="185" params="" url="http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/717326"]

No comments:

Post a Comment