Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lunar Eclipse to Milk for the SeaCat

LunarEclipseSydneySometimes I wonder at what pace my brain makes connections. Here are the links created from a Twitpic by someone I follow on twitter.

When I asked where it was taken they told me. Naturally I jumped on Nearmap.com for a quick squiz of the area because the foreshore was sweet. By the way it is somewhere on the left of that picture Balmain in case you care.

Scrolling out what do I notice? Cockatoo Island (Co Dock) I spent a little time there during refits of the last Submarine and first Warship (which happened to hunt Submarines) I served on.

imageThis was a time of transition for me and the beginning of a great few years. A generally really good time traveling the world with great mates.

Funny I have two photos taken on HMAS Parramatta when I was on her (1988-1991) hanging in my study since we moved in, in 1999 but I hardly notice them anymore. Ikara

Tonight I took them down scanned them for this post. I will clean up the frames and put them back up on boxing day.

Got some milk for the Seacat?Point is I am wired to leap from connection to connection at a rate of knots and I’d like to thank Catherine for reminding me of a time long ago, even though she might shake her head at how I got here.

No comments:

Post a Comment