Sunday, October 2, 2011

I’m no Environmentalist but ….

Last night I bought some land to help protect it forever and it came with a title. Yep an actual title …

Lord David Lawrence Mackie of Glencoe

As the owner of a Scottish estate, you will have the full rights to style yourself as a Laird (Lord) or Lady. This is the same wherever you live in the world. You do not need to live in the UK or be a British citizen

Do, or do not. There is no 'try.' - Jedi Master Yoda

So why did I go with Lord and not Laird? because when ever I wear this T-Shirt I need to explain it and it turns out “As Yoda said to Luke” is not explanation enough. SERIOUSLY??

If I decided to use my title I don’t want to be saying “It is like a Lord, but the Scottish variation” why do that all the time when Lord was an option.

Don’t worry I probably won’t ever seriously use Lord David but it add some fun to a way of maybe offsetting some of my carbon and maybe giving Lady Elizabeth and I a reason to go to Scotland sometime in the future.

I wonder if there are similar schemes elsewhere in the world? Let me get back to you.

In the mean time have a look over at Highland Titles to learn more about the project and even join the fun.

I’m thinking I’ll buy a little bit more land in Glencoe when my dear friends have their first baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment