Thursday, October 27, 2011

Write your own epitaph or crowd-source memories after you are gone

Headstone QR code

People seem to be talking about putting social media accounts in your Last Will and Testament for a little while now and while I have not gone looking for cool things about afterlife events when I saw this linked from an article that spoke about QR code malware I thought hmmm.

If I did want that perhaps I need to start aggregating my life to one spot in advance ...

Given my Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity background I think I might need to provide different data because I don't think QR codes will be in vogue when I'm gone and I'm not certain a URL will be valuable then either.

So just like updating tape technologies I might need to look at a fund to conduct data transformation and also headstone rejuvenation for the new access methods but I think it is a funny idea to toy with.

Would the site need to be open to publishing from friends and colleagues? Don't worry I won't be calling it WikiDavia

No comments:

Post a Comment