Friday, May 20, 2011

Adventures in fitness C25K might take longer

Thursday morning I embarked on a hugely underestimated journey to start getting fitter. I chose to start doing couch to 5 Kilometres and wow I might die, or at least have an experience like the dude in this clip. Yes I know they are blaming the treadmill and selling a credit card but bad stuff like that could be due to me collapsing too.





For Me more about the dude than the card

So I did not cope with the running and at the third run cycle of C25K I was in big trouble so stopped.

I am very grateful to my support network for the encouragement and yes it does make a difference.

 

Okay here is the plan:

  • I'm starting to walk on the treadmill every day (Today I walked for 25 Minutes and went just shy of 2 Kilometres)
  • At the end of next week I will add 5BX
  • On or Before November 1st 2011 I will start C25K again
  • Because I'm easing in I would hope to transition to 5to10K in first quarter 2012

So that's the plan and I'll use Twitter to keep honest. I wonder what these small changes will do let's find out.

1 comment:

  1. Good on you!!! I've had a week off from c25k but I'm back into this week. It's a massive undertaking and I'm so very proud of you for coming up with a plan instead of just giving up. You're gonna rock it!

    ReplyDelete