Monday, May 30, 2011

You don't know me but i might have started following : An experiment in Authority

UPDATE: *** Experiment Abandoned ***

Results such as they are will be released at another time

Last night I was looking at tweepi.com to see some information about who I should follow or NOT.

I noticed a feature where you could follow everyone someone else follows which I must say was better when first implemented because you could click one button and bam all done. Apparently Twitter was not a fan of this behaviour as far as terms of service, SO you have to click every one individually.

The temptation was to not follow all 397 people but I wanted to behave as if the button was working so followed all of them. Then quickly un-followed the persons ISP AND a feed notifying of when certain files were available for use. EVERYTHING ELSE got followed, now over the next fortnight or so I will start to follow people I don't have much affinity with so maybe I will loose Donna and Martha very quickly.

Rules:-

  • No un-follows for 7 Days to give time for an opinion

  • Read feeds in FlipBoard this brings out rich content this is supposed to be interesting

  • Favourite things in FlipBoard if I read all of it

  • Anything favourited read the authors last 20 tweets to get to know them


When unfollows reduce the volume I will follow folk in my profession so looking for an influential in Opalis, FIM 2010 and Config Manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment