Friday, May 6, 2011

Extremely Disappointed although nothing happed to me

I have been told something very disturbing and I got agitatedly angry about it, and while nothing happened to me it makes me think about how people can be shallow and selfish. Not to mention how that reflects on me as a human being.

BrokenHeartI was visiting a friend and was explaining how I had stepped on my dick again but hopefully this time not too badly when I asked a friend if they were moving. They told me that they were splitting up with their spouse, felling a little off guard I had not explored too deeply.

Imagine my bemusement when I discovered the reason for the break up was because the other partner would not lose weight.

The friend who told me about it had said she was upset by the situation but her husband indicated that she bear in mind that it wasn't her that it had happened to.

You see one partner has recently found the joy of working out and are making in roads into getting fitter (and not wanting to make a judgement but in my view has a way to go), but now the other partner seems to no longer fit the new view of what a partner should be so they are GONE ...

Let me describe myself and where I am coming from for context...

  • I am 42 years old
  • Weight more than 150 kilograms
  • Am bad in bed
  • Don't follow through when I start things
  • Like my computer and Internet more than people

So in short a real catch ;).

What is certain is I love my wife and know without question she loves me.

We have even discussed this issue and she assures me we will not divorce over weight but she will divorce me if I keep tweeting about Masterchef :)

So why this type of response? I don't really know but I do need to consider if these are the types of people I want in my life. Yes I have in the past been much more about suck it up and move on but this degree of superficiality is making me feel angry later in life.

Before you go there I understand the "Beauty is only skin deep" and "What is on the inside that counts" are things fat and ugly people say.

Is a marriage vow based on "To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, as long we both are fat" not sure I remember that. To be clear if anyone has ground for complaint in my relationship it is SupaWife she has got a third more man than she planned on, while I have less than 12% interest on the investment I made ;)

Am I saying physicality does not play a part of course not, but if it's all about that then you are a "Preening dumb tool" search that on YouTube to see what I mean.

My wife is my life, which is a big change from when I once said "Navy life is my wife" and I need to ensure she knows that every day.

So why did this touch me in a way that makes me mad. If you are just looking for people to bang don't tie principles of monogamy and commitment to it. If you think a wedding ring has a 500 mile radius don't wear one.

AND if someone treats you like the way this couple have demonstrated don't, whatever you do take them back ever.

So I have ranted about issues that have not effected me...

BUT as a man I am offended by this and really hope the partner left behind realizes the bullet they have dodged.

Oh and an example of what does matter ..... Enjoy





Cooky’s been to war and Lila’s been to Denver

1 comment:

  1. I don't understand it at all. I take my marriage vow so seriously, it's probably the only thing in this world that I put above all else.

    I don't understand how people can place such importance on appearance. In fact, I find myself wanting to look good for my partner because I believe he should be proud of his wife.

    I agree, they've dodged a bullet but I'm sure they don't see it that way at the moment. I just hope in time they come to see it.

    As for cutting them from your life, remember how I talked about inner circle. To me I just wouldn't let them get to the inner circle. I'd enjoy their company but I wouldn't forget it and they wouldn't move to the inner.

    ReplyDelete